BUILDING STRONG COMMUNTIES
OBJECTIVE: The Building Strong Communities Program Director will be tasked with carrying out the Mission and Goals set forth by the Building Strong Communities Labor Management Committee. The Program Director will manage, develop, and implement the BSC program throughout the State of Minnesota.
DESCRIPTION: The BSC Program Director will be a FTE for the Building Strong Communities program. The Program Director will report to the Labor Management Committee (BSC Board) as set up by the bylaws. The Program Director will oversee the statewide program and its duties laid out in this document.
- Take current BSC program and recommend useful changes to make the program more successful
- Incorporate a plan to make said changes and implement changes to the program
Program Outreach and Execution
- Lead the planning and execution of the BSC recruitment, outreach, and marketing of the program
- Work with program partners to execute application, enrollment, and intake of participants
- Work with partners to ensure program is meeting pre-determined deadlines and goals as set forth between program manager and program partners
Program Management Duties
- Manage the program as whole (all aspects from recruitment to graduation to placement) and make timely decisions to keep program on track and moving forward in a positive manner
- Manage relationships with program partners like NHCC, advocates, State Departments, and CBO partners
- Manage all aspects of the program budget. Work with necessary and assigned staff to meet and manage all budget and grant needs. Provide BSC Board with financial updates.
- Work with program partners and BSC Board to ensure a healthy relationship between them. Provide board with updates on partnerships and partnership growth opportunities.
- Grants Management-oversee grants and grant applications and grant compliance
- Communicate with trades and management stakeholders on the successes of the program and update them with needed pivots the program may need to become more successful
- The Program Director will be the lead on the placement of individuals who successfully complete the BSC program
- Program manager will oversee a statewide program that will require to travel and communication with cohort groups throughout the State during the recruitment process, mostly virtual educational component, hands-on site visits, and JATC portions of the program.
- The Program Director reports to the BSC Labor Management Board
- Other duties as assigned
- Dependent on Qualifications
- Benefits Negotitated
- Email resume and cover letter to Tom Dicklich at TDicklich@mntrades.org
- Applications will be accepted until June 3 or until position is filled