Mental Health Safety Resources for the Minnesota Construction Industry
Suicide Prevention Resources
In the construction industry, suicide is now a leading cause of death. Don’t ignore the signs – reach out, respond, connect, prevent suicide.
Resources to start a conversation:
- Hazard Alert: Preventing Suicide Prevention in Construction — English and Spanish
- Toolbox Talk: Suicide Prevention in Construction — English and Spanish
- Additional Resources from the Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR)
- Construction Industry Alliance for Suicide Prevention – Prevent Construction Suicide
Get Help Now. If you or someone else is thinking about suicide call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a free and confidential resource that connects individuals with trained counselors 24/7. Call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). Text HELLO to 741741. Or CLICK HERE.
Affiliate Mental Health Resources
- Bricklayers and Allied Craft Workers
- Cement Masons #633
- IBEW #110
- IBEW #292
- IBEW #343
- Iron Workers #512
- Operating Engineers Local #49
- Plumbers & Pipefitters #6, 15, 34, 455, 539
- Roofers #96
- Sheetmetal Workers
- Sprinkler Fitters
- Workplace Mental Health Resources (ifebp.org). International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans. Podcasts and Blogs.