Building Trades Policy Priorities
2020 Legislative Session: EFFICIENT Buildings, CLEAN Water, SAFE Roads.
The Minnesota Building and Construction Trades policy priorities are:
- Growing Minnesota jobs that support Minnesota communities
- Investment in transportation, energy, water and building infrastructure
- Ensuring prevailing wage and workplace safety on all Minnesota construction projects
- Developing Minnesota’s current and future workforce
- Supporting diversity and inclusion in the construction industry
2020 Legislative Priorities:
- BONDING. Advancing a large Bonding Bill that invests in efficient buildings, clean water and safe roads.
- PREVAILING WAGES. Ensuring all projects funded by the public are constructed with Prevailing Wages.
- REGISTERED APPRENTICESHIP. Supporting Construction Workforce Training through Registered Apprenticeship programs by expanding union apprenticeship readiness programs and supporting age-appropriate and safe career exposure and exploration programs for youth including Construction Careers Pathways and Construct Tomorrow.
- PRO-WORKER ENERGY POLICY. Supporting Pro-Worker Energy Policy that includes investments in current and future energy infrastructure and building efficiency and include prevailing wage, labor standards, local hire and licensing requirements.
- PRO-WORKER HOUSING POLICY. Supporting Pro-Worker Housing Policy that ensures that all investments in housing include prevailing wage, labor standards and licensing requirements.
Bonding for the State’s future: Go here to see theState of Minnesota 2020 Capitol Budget Proposals.