Building Trades Legislative Priorities
2021 Building Trades Legislative Priorities
- PRO-WORKER ENERGY POLICY. Supporting Pro-Worker Pro-Community Energy policies that include investments in current and future energy infrastructure and building efficiency and require prevailing wage, apprenticeship, labor standards, and licensing. Learn More.
- PREVAILING WAGES. Ensuring prevailing wages are required and that prevailing wage requirements are enforced on all construction projects funded or financed by the public including public buildings, infrastructure, clean energy and affordable housing. Learn More.
- REGISTERED APPRENTICESHIP. Supporting Construction Workforce Training through Registered Apprenticeship programs by encouraging registered apprentice utilization in industry, expanding union apprenticeship readiness programs and supporting age-appropriate and safe career exposure and exploration programs for youth including Construction Careers Pathways, Helmets to Hardhats, Construct Tomorrow and Building Strong Communities. Learn More.
- COVID ECONOMIC RECOVERY AND INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT. Supporting public investments in water and sewer, transportation and transit, affordable housing, and asset preservation to keep Building Trades members working safely in 2021 and beyond.
Building Trades Priorities
- Growing Minnesota jobs that support Minnesota communities
- Investment in building, transportation, energy, and water infrastructure
- Ensuring prevailing wage and workplace safety on all Minnesota construction projects
- Developing Minnesota’s current and future workforce
- Supporting diversity and inclusion in the construction industry